Friday, January 7, 2011

About Me and my kitchen

My name is Melissa, my friends call me Mel. They have actually been lovingly "on my case" to start a completely different type of blog, but here I am, so enthused and obsessed by the things that are going on in my kitchen that I've decided to start a cooking and baking blog.

My passion is food. Any kind of food that tastes good, really. I love food. For that reason I have struggled with my waistline for as long as I can remember. So, in this blog I'll be journalling my family's journey through our kitchen transformation. On December 6, 2010 we embarked on a journey to create healthier eating habits throughout the household. This is no easy task with two little ones, ages three and four. By the suggestion of my doctor we started the South Beach Diet, but not for the diet only, for the advantages it has on your blood sugar and cardiovascular health.

Oh, did I mention I decorate cakes? Well, I do. I create mostly for the ones I love, but I've sold a few. So, this blog will also include my latest cake creations.

I hope you decide to follow me and enjoy the things that I'm sharing with my family and friends.

Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Hurray! I am so glad you've started a blog. You are so creative and such a great writer. I couldn't be happier that you'll be sharing your gifts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lisa! I'm really excited about the CSA we've just joined. This blog might not allow me to write as much as I'd like to. I guess that means I'm hoping you'll keep me around for guest pieces!

    ReplyDelete