Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fall Pear Tart - Quick Enough For A Weeknight



I just can't express how much I adore pears. So, it makes me super happy to have received them for the past couple of weeks in my CSA box from Harvest2U. Rather than just gobbling them up, I decided to exercise some self restraint and save several of them for this delicious dessert.



I had every intention of making a from scratch crust when I set out to make this recipe. And then it dawned on me. It was a Tuesday night and not everyone has the time to make a homemade crust on a Tuesday night. If I was going to be enjoying this on a week night, then everyone else should be able to as well. So, I opted for the pre-made crust.

Easy Pear Tart

What you'll need:

1 pre-made pie crust (Please feel free to substitute your own home made crust if you feel the desire!)
3-4 pears peeled, cored and sliced into 1/4" wedges
Juice of one lemon
1T corn starch
2-3T brown sugar
1/4t cinnamon
honey
water

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.




Place pears, lemon juice, corn starch, brown sugar and cinnamon in a mixing bowl and give it a good stir. Set aside.



Roll out pie crust on a pizza stone. I literally just unrolled the pre-made crust onto the center of the stone.




Place pear mixture in the center of the pie crust leaving enough border to fold up the crust (approx. 2 inces). Fold the crust up over the filling, making just a border. You won't completely cover the fruit filling.

Place tart in oven. Cook at 425 for 12 minutes. While the tart is still in the oven, reduce the temperature to 325 and cook for another 35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.

While the tart is cooling, place honey and water (4:1 ratio water:honey) into a microwave safe bowl and heat until the honey melts enough to be mixed with the water. Wisk the honey and water together and drizzle over the tart.




No comments:

Post a Comment