Thursday, June 23, 2011

Margherita Pasta

With summer definitely upon us here in Southern California, my weekly CSA shipments have taken transformation. I'm so happy to see the summer produce that the warmer temperatures have been providing! I used four items from my weekly Harvest2U shipment in my dinner tonight.



This dinner really couldn't have been easier. It's definitely a week night meal and it's South Beach (phase 2 and 3) friendly.


Margherita Pizza

Here's what you'll need:

1/2 box organic whole grain pasta (I used thin spaghetti) cooked

Olive oil (I used meyer lemon olive oil)
The stalk of one large onion (you may substitute a leek if you cannot find a onion stalk)
1 dozen med-large cherry tomatoes, halved
fresh basil (about 2T chopped)
garlic chives (about 1Tchopped)
salt and pepper to taste
parmesan cheese (optional)

Cook your pasta and set aside





Clean and slice your onion stalk. Once it's sliced, place in large skillet with 1T olive oil and a dash of salt. Cook just until barely softened, you don't want to cook them too much. Turn off the burner and toss the tomatoes into the pan. 



Toss pasta into the pan, as well as basil and garlic chives.




Add 2T of meyer lemon olive oil to pan and toss. Salt and pepper to taste.



Plate and serve! See, couldn't be easier!



No comments:

Post a Comment